Sunday, August 24, 2008

August Fungi No. 8

Another fruitful day crawling around on all fours and trying to avoid
the hands and knees coming into contact with macropod manure! :-)

The day was quite nice for a change and I was able to venture into
the jungle without my waterproof coat.

(Click images to enlarge)

I have no idea what this is!
Three growing at the base of a Eucalypt.

An obvious cortina.
Cap width: Approx. 2.2cm
Height: Approx. 2.cm


This was too small to clearly check the gills
without uprooting it and as I saw only one,
I left it where it was. It was growing in leaf
litter.
Cap width: 6mm
Height: 8mm
It might be Cystoderma sp.






Cap width: 5cm
Ground height: 3cm
I think it might be Cortinarius sp.
Possibly C. erythraeus


Again, no idea what this one is!
Cap width: 1cm
Height: 1.5cm
Gills were close and yellow in colour.




I think this Bracket
is Ganoderma applanatum


Possibly Peziza austrogeaster

3 comments:

Duncan said...

What a feast of fungi, figuratively speaking of course!

Mosura said...

More great finds. That last one must have worked hard coming through that stony soil.

Junior Lepid said...

Thanks Duncan and Mosura. I'm surprised I'm finding new ones each time I have a bit of a wander in there. It's drying out quite rapidly now.