Tuesday, August 19, 2008

August Fungi No. 5

Well, no - the first two photos are not fungi, but they were everywhere when I explored my new fungi site on Sunday but only a few were in flower. Boobook has recently photographed Sundews and I agree with her. They are stunning little flowers.

Drosera bulbosa, I think.

(Click images to enlarge)








The fungi below were photographed in my normal site, about 2 minutes walk from the house.


This bracket on decaying branch.






Width of single unit - 2 cm

Possibly Stereum illudens


Single specimen - 4 cm wide.
I think this bracket may be an older
version of one I've photographed earlier.
Pycnoporus coccineus.


Underside.








3 comments:

Mosura said...

Very nice! I like the Drosera. I only seem to see D. peltata around here.

Denis Wilson said...

Hi JL
I have updated my automatic links.
Cheers
Denis

Junior Lepid said...

Mosura, I am keeping my eye out for other species, but D bulbosa one is common up here.

Thanks for that, Denis. I appreciate it.