Wednesday, August 20, 2008

August Fungi No. 6

Gee, I'm glad I decided to explore this new site south of my property! :-)

(Click images to enlarge)

This is Amanita xanthocephala or Vermilion Grisette.
It can be distinguished from other Amanitas
by the yellow to orange colouring at the rim of the volva.
(This fungi is one of Fungimap's Target species, so a record of this
sighting will be forwarded in due course!)
I found only one, by the way.


This Ramaria was part of a colony.
I noticed small ones on a kangaroo track, but soon
found better specimens close by. I think it's likely to be
Ramaria ochraceosalmoncolor.


I suspect this to be Aleurina ferruginea.
There were a few beneath a large Eucalypt.


I have no idea what this one is!
The shape of the cap, which is partially
veiled, interested me.
Cap width: 1cm
Height: 2cm
(ID homework required)


This was an interesting little bracket
growing on a live tree. It seems to
have gills rather than pores.
A single specimen about 6mm wide.
(ID homework required)
These were growing on the same tree
as the little job above.
I think they are possibly Rigidoporus laetus.





1 comment:

Mosura said...

That 3rd one is very unusual. The last one is growing in my backyard so thanks for the name. I'll look it up later.