Tuesday, June 2, 2009

JUNE 2009 FUNGI

Again, a slow start to Fungi Season here this year, but with slow drizzling rain over the past 24 hours, there were a few surprises this morning.

(Click images to enlarge)

A slime mold in progress!
I have just checked this fungi and it's already entering sporangia stage only a few hours after I took these shots.
MYXOMYCOTA - Leocarpus fragilis
This is a toxic Agaric, Chlorophyllum brunneum.
It's one of the first gilled fungi species I normally find.


A jelly type I have not been able to identify as yet.
It was growing around the base of a Eucalypt of the Box species.
Now Mothing Season is slowly grinding to a halt for winter, my camera and I will turn to a bit of mycology as compensation and light relief!
From the standard of these photos I will need to get my eye into gear pretty quickly! :-)




2 comments:

Denis Wilson said...

Nice to hear of rain down your way, JL.
Our fungi were late this year, but have been going for some time. Normally we start in February, but it was dry this year.
Cheers
Denis

Junior Lepid said...

well, I hope ours isn't off to a false start, Denis, as we've only had 107mm for the year!