Saturday, June 6, 2009

June 2009 Fungi 3

Here are some more fungi photos taken over the past couple of days.

I had to call it quits this morning after about an hour as rain set in and I didn't take my raincoat!!

(Click images to enlarge)

Mycena species - possibly Mycena subgalericulata


I think this one has to be Stereum rugosum. Underneath, the
fertile part of this fungus was grey.


This is Poronia ereci - one of the few fungi that
favour macropod dung.
Ascomycota.

Another jelly. Calocera sp.

Tremella mesenterica or Yellow Brain
I think this one might be Dermocybe clelandii.
The stem on this one is lime green to me whereas
Bruce Fuhrer describes the stem as "pale mustard-yellow"
It did have a bulbous base which D. clelandii can have.

This is possibly Bisporella citrina
Ascomycota
I "blew" this shot so it's cropped. This was an almost
perfectly circular little mound on a decaying log.
It might belong to the Tremella group of Jelly Fungi.
This I think might be Collybia butyracea.
The gills were white and crowded.

This is possibly Mycena species.
Please correct me if any of these have been wrongly identified.
Ref: A Field Guide to Australian Fungi - Bruce Fuhrer.



















2 comments:

Denis Wilson said...

Hi JL
It is good to see you have had enough rain to bring on the fungi.
You get different fungi to me, (in a wet area).
Nice images.
No doubt the Fungimap people can help if you are really stuck - you have been in contact before, as I recall.
I am just enjoying seeing them, especially as they show wet leaves and jelly fungi - a sure sign of rain. Enjoy it.
Denis

Junior Lepid said...

Thanks Denis, with the rumours el Nino is lurking in the wings again, we will take any rain we can get!

As you know, some fungi are short-lived so it's full on here. I don't want to miss those I wasn't able to get last year!

I enjoy seeing your collection too. Some very different ones to those from dryland conditions.