Friday, June 26, 2009

June Fungi - 5

After a bit more rain, I've been out and about again. Here is a selection of my latest discoveries.

(Click images to enlarge)


No. 1 might be Crepidotus variabilis.
No. 2 Clitocybe clitocyboides.

No. 3 possibly Crepidotus eucalyptorum

No. 4. Mycena nargan which was growing in a
vertical hollow. This photo could have been better but I had trouble focusing whilst on tippy-toe!

No. 5. Bolbitius vitellinus (Egg-yolk Fieldcap) which was growing in litter under a Pittosporum in my garden.


No 6. Possibly Tremella species. It might be Tremella encephala.

No. 7. This might be Hypholoma fasciculare.






4 comments:

Denis Wilson said...

Very nice.
I have posted some of my recent finds tonight - but without names. I need time to research them, and I am too busy on other things.
The Mycena nargan is a classic species. how you noticed it inside a hollow is a wonder.
Cheers
Denis

Junior Lepid said...

Hello Denis,

Glad you put some of your local fungi up. I enjoy seeing what's growing in other areas.

Re. Mycena nargan, other fungi growing in the hollow gave the game away! I could have missed the lot!

Gaye said...

Hello Junior Lepid,

what a great find Mycena nargan was. I would love to stumble across this one.

Regards
Gaye

Junior Lepid said...

Thanks Gaye, they can be variable, apparently. I photographed some in my garden earlier and as they are one of Fungimap's Target species, I sent the record in. It hasn't bounced back marked "Wrong" so I guess I'm home and hosed! The previous ones were almost identical to the Target species photograph - with the flecks not nearly as striking as on the one shown here.