Wednesday, July 16, 2008

July Fungi No. 4

I took a little Sunday Drive! These two photos
were taken approximately 2.5km from my
property.

This one is interesting. Quite large, about 5cm
diameter and is partially veiled. About 9cm out
of the ground.

(Click images to enlarge)


Location: Partially cleared roadside
vegetation.


Location: Roadside vegetation -growing
from log.

Probably Mycena clarkeana.
________________________________

Bracket:



Diameter: 5.5cm



Location: Roadside vegetation




An Agaric, I suspect, on the way up!

I will return to check on progress!

3 comments:

Mosura said...

An impressive variety and yes unnoticed by almost the entire population.

Junior Lepid said...

Yes - but I'm thankful for that, mosura. At least they are not being wrecked!!!

Denis Wilson said...

Blogger photo uploads and downloads is broken, tonight. Cannot enlarge your photos, (or upload all that I wanted to upload myself). I'll check again tomorrow.
Denis