Saturday, June 14, 2008

June Fungi Sightings No. 5

(Click images to enlarge)

Growing on decaying log on the lower side.
Gills cream
2cm diameter
spore print - white
_____________________________

This one is similar to one I photographed the
other day. Again, solitary.


Height 4cm
Diameter 5cm



Spore print - white
Thanks to Fungimap, this is confirmed
as Clitocybe clitocyboides

_____________________________
These were tiny, growing in and around a
decaying log.



Height 1.5cm
Diameter 1cm
Spore print - white
Location: Roadside containing
remnant vegetation.
_____________________________



Height 5cm
Diameter 12cm
Growing on roadside.
Probably Phlebopus marginatus

4 comments:

Duncan said...

You really are on a slippery slope JL! First moths, and now fungi. I've got 77 photos in my fungi album,and they're mostly the same species, "unidentified"!!!!

Junior Lepid said...

Well, Duncan - the challenge is there to reference and cross-reference on those days I have nothing better to do! :-)

I am really enjoying getting down as low as I can go to photograph them, even in the wet weather, although yesterday was a bit of a shocker as far chill factors go!

Duncan said...

One good thing about fungi JL, while photographing them they don't fly or run away, and the wind doesn't move them much.
And you can often lie down to do it, very relaxing!

Junior Lepid said...

I would agree with that, Duncan. Getting up from that prone position can be a bit of a drag!

I found a few more today but yet to load onto computer. Not a very long study because I forgot my coat and the wind was pretty nasty, although it's a lovely sunny day here - out of the wind.